12 Minute Cooper Run Test & Calculator
The 12 minute run (also called the Copper Test) allows you to gauge you level of endurance and estimates your VO2max.
For this test you will need:
- A pedometer to measure the distance you have covered (or access to a 400m running track with markers at 100m intervals).
- A stop watch.
- Warm up for 10 minutes with some light jogging or walking.
- Run or walk as far as possible in 12-minutes. Try to gauge your pace so that you don't start off too quickly or too slowly.
- At the 12 minute mark make a note of your distance.
- Cool down with some light jogging / walking for 5-10 minutes.
- Use the calculator below to estimate your VO2max.