The Rockport Walk test is used to measure cardiovascular fitness and predict your VO2max.
You will need:
- A 1-mile course (either 3.75 laps of a 400m running track or you can pace out a mile course using a pedometer).
- A stop watch.
- Warm up with light walking for 5 minutes.
- Walk (don’t jog or run) 1 mile as fast as you can.
- Record your time to walk 1 mile.
- Take your heart rate immediately at the end of 1 mile (take your pulse over 15 seconds and multiply by 4).
Jacky has a degree in Sports Science and is a Certified Sports and Conditioning Coach. He has also worked with clients around the world as a personal trainer.
He has been fortunate enough to work with a wide range of people from very different ends of the fitness spectrum. Through promoting positive health changes with diet and exercise, he has helped patients recover from aging-related and other otherwise debilitating diseases.
He spends most of his time these days writing fitness-related content of some form or another. He still likes to work with people on a one-to-one basis – he just doesn’t get up at 5am to see clients anymore.