Please read this health disclaimer before applying any of the information on the Sports Fitness Advisor website
Regular exercise is one of the healthiest habits you can form. But it’s not always without risk, even for healthy individuals. Certain types of exercise are riskier than others and all exercise is risky for some individuals.
It’s the same with diet. Some dietary recommendations are healthy for the majority of people but potentially dangerous to others.
You are responsible for your own health and safety at all times. As such, by visiting and using the Sports Fitness Advisor website you are agreeing to the following:
1. You acknowledge and agree that you have been assessed by a qualified medical professional (i.e. your doctor) who has given you consent to take part in physical activity.
2. You acknowledge and agree that before you choose a new or different type of workout or exercise programme to follow, you have been assessed and given consent to follow that workout or exercise programme by a qualified medical professional (i.e. your doctor).
3. You acknowledge and agree that before you choose to make changes to your diet, you have been assessed and given consent to make those dietary changes by a qualified medical professional (i.e. your doctor).
4. You acknowledge and agree that all the information on the Sports Fitness Advisor website (whether written or in audio-visual format), and within ebooks sold via the Sports fitness Advisor website is for general guidance purposes only and may not be suitable for you or anyone you share it with. We are not a medical professionals nor is anyone associated with Sports Fitness Advisor. In no way should the exercise or dietary information on the Sports Fitness Advisor website replace or in anyway interfere with guidance given to your by a medical professional. If you to fail to seek medical clearance or if you ignore medical advice, you do so at your own risk and no one associated with Sports Fitness Advisor (its employees, Directors, freelance contributors) shall hold any liability for damage and/or injury caused.
5. You acknowledge and agree that many of the exercises, workouts or training plans presented on Sports Fitness Advisor are not suitable for individuals who have not yet fully matured physically. Certain exercises, intensity levels and training volumes that may be suitable for fully mature adults can be harmful for children and adolescents. The exercises and training plans on the Sports Fitness Advisor website are not recommended for anyone under the age of 18.
6. You acknowledge and agree that all forms of exercise carry an element of risk even if you have no underlying medical conditions and are of a suitable physical maturity. If you choose to follow any of the exercises, workouts or training plans presented on Sports Fitness Advisor you are choosing to participate in these risks at your own free will, knowingly and voluntarily exposing yourself to all the potential risks associated with such exercise activities.
7. You acknowledge and agree that anyone associated with Sports Fitness Advisor does not guarantee or provide a warranty that the information on Sports Fitness Advisor is correct and up-to-date. You should consult a qualified medical professional before applying any of the information on this website, who will inform you whether it is safe and appropriate for you personally.
8. You acknowledge and agree that if you harm yourself as a result of applying information on the Sports Fitness Advisor website, or harm someone else by passing on that information, you cannot hold anyone associated with Sports Fitness Advisor responsible. You acknowledge and agree that you apply information on this website completely at your own risk, knowing that you can harm yourself or another person, especially if you don’t seek the advice of a medial professional first.
9. You acknowledge and agree that anyone associated with Sports Fitness Advisor does not guarantee or provide a warranty as to the safety, suitability and accuracy of any third party websites, workouts, training plans, dietary programmes, exercise equipment, supplements and other such resources that Sports Fitness Advisor links to.
10. If you do not agree with any of points 1 to 8 above, then you should not apply any of the exercises, workouts, training plans or dietary information on the Sports Fitness Advisor website.
sport-fitness-advisor.com is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
sport-fitness-advisor.com may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/01/2001.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
Browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies or notify you when a cookie is being sent. Privacy software can be used to override web beacons. Taking either of these actions shouldn’t cause a problem with our site, should you so choose.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email address]
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable.
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The term ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Your name
- Your email address
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by us and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of us. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of sport-fitness-advisor.com. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.