Here are the exercise images and descriptions for this soccer weight training program.
Remember to warm up thoroughly before any fitness session.
- Lie face down on the floor with hands palm down, fingers pointing straight ahead, and aligned mid chest.
- Place hands slightly wider than shoulder width, and feet should be at hip width with toes on floor.
- Lower your entire body (legs, hips, trunk, and head) 4-8 inches from the floor.
- Return to the start position by extending at the elbows and pushing the body up.
- Start position: Lie back onto floor or bench with knees bent and hands behind head. Keep elbows back and out of sight. Head should be in a neutral position with a space between chin and chest.
- Leading with the chin and chest towards the ceiling, contract the abdominal and raise shoulders off floor or bench. As you come up twist one shoulder towards the opposite knee.
- Return to start position and repeat with the other shoulder.
- Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Hyperextension or flexion of either may cause injury.
- Start position: Stand with feet hip width apart. Grasp DBs hang arms down at sides.
- Step forward 2-3 feet forming a 90 bend at the front hip and knee. DO NOT allow front knee to extend past the big toe – may cause injury.
- Pushing off front foot, return to start position. Continue with same leg or alternate as prescribed.
- Remember to keep head and back upright in a neutral position. Shoulders and hips should remain squared at all times.
- Watch for proper knee alignment – do not let front knee extend past big toe or deviate laterally or medially. Back knee should not come in contact with floor.
- Lie face down on floor with arms extended overhead. You may place a rolled towel under forehead to clear face from floor.
- Raise right arm and left leg 4-8 inches off floor.
- Lower and raise alternate opposite arm and leg.
- Remember to keep head and back in a neutral position. Shoulders and hips should remain squared throughout movement.
***Don’t use the weight plate as pictured***
- Sit upright on bench and place hands hip width apart with fingers pointing forward. Place feet flat on opposite bench with legs straight.
- Slide glutes off bench with elbows slightly bent.
- Lower body by bending at elbows until elbows are at 90 degree angle. Return to start position.
- Stand behind box and place one foot on top of box, heel close to the closest edge.
- Push off the box and explode vertically to bring the other foot onto the box.
- Step back down with the foot you stepped on with first.
- Repeat always stepping up with same leg first (change legs on the next circuit).
Straight Leg Obliques
- Lie on your back and raise your legs straight into the air.
- Rotate your legs keeping them straight to the side and the then return to the starting position.
- Repeat to the other side.
Shoulder Press with Dip
- Start by holding a dumbell in each hand at shoulder level.
- Squat down to about parallel (but no further) and explode up to a standing position.
- Once you have squatted half way up then starting pressing the dumbells over your head.
- Use the momentum from your squat to propel the dumbells above your head. Remember to stay in control of the dumbells at all times.
Jacky has a degree in Sports Science and is a Certified Sports and Conditioning Coach. He has also worked with clients around the world as a personal trainer.
He has been fortunate enough to work with a wide range of people from very different ends of the fitness spectrum. Through promoting positive health changes with diet and exercise, he has helped patients recover from aging-related and other otherwise debilitating diseases.
He spends most of his time these days writing fitness-related content of some form or another. He still likes to work with people on a one-to-one basis – he just doesn’t get up at 5am to see clients anymore.