Rockport Test Calculator
The Rockport Walk test is used to measure cardiovascular fitness and predict your VO2max.
You can learn more about VO2max here and more about endurance training here.
You will need:
- A 1-mile course (either 3.75 laps of a 400m running track or you can pace out a mile course using a pedometer).
- A stop watch.
- Warm up with light walking for 5 minutes.
- Walk (don't jog or run) 1 mile as fast as you can.
- Record your time to walk 1 mile.
- Take your heart rate immediately at the end of 1 mile (take your pulse over 15 seconds and multiply by 4).